Application Modernisation Engineer
Swindon, UK or Remote - 3 months ago
Are we looking for you?
You love all things around distributed systems, microservices, application modernisation and Kubernetes, and keep up to date with all the amazing and exciting developments in the industry.
You are passionate about delivering value to customers and prized for going the extra mile.
You’re professional – fair, honest and committed.
You’re excited to learn new skills and to get involved in the ‘next big thing’ whatever that might be.
You can understand project and business goals and translate them into technical solutions.
As the right candidate you will already have…
- Several years working experience as a client delivery and project focussed consultative Engineer within DevOps, Platform Eng or Application development
- Strong experience with networking and a good understanding of microservices and distributed systems
- Knowledge of on-premise infrastructure, virtualisation and a good understanding of SRE principles
- Experience of architectural design patterns and strong engineering principles
- Will have an automation mindset for deploying and testing infrastructure
- Strong in at least one programming language, Golang is desirable.
- Would be comfortable leading the customer in the best way to re-architect an existing software system so that it was modern and container friendly
- Will be passionate about building/deploying software applications in a modern cloud first way. Technical skills that cover; Kubernetes, Istio, GKE, IP Networking, Load Balancing, DNS(Cloud DNS and Hybrid), VLAN, Docker and associated technologies
- You will probably also have used a selection of the following; GCP, VMWare ESXI, vSphere, vCenter, VDS, NFS/SMB, DHCP, Filesystems, Volume Management, Linux, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, CI/CD practices, Golang, Prometheus and Grafana, Git, Bash, Hypervisors
- Experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
It would be great if you have skills as / in
- Google Cloud Anthos or VMware Tanzu or IBM/RedHat OpenShift practitioner
- GCP Professional Cloud Architect
- GCP Professional Developer
- GCP Network Engineer
- Anthos (GKE, ACM, ASM, Cloud Run – Kubernetes, Istio, KNative)
If you don’t, that’s ok because as part of this role we will offer training and certification in these Google Cloud services. Being proficient with Kubernetes and distributed solutions engineering is the most important aspect of this role.
As Consultant Engineer at Appsbroker you will have the chance to be involved with all aspects of designing, developing and deploying high-quality solutions for a range of clients working in many different fields.
- You will work within a cross-functional agile team, driving engineering best practice as well as mentoring team members to grow their skills and experience.
- This is a hands on role, so your previous experience will mean you are adept at finding solutions to complex problems in both code and design.
- We use advanced Google technologies, so we’re looking for someone with a thirst to learn and the ability to master them.
- We’re committed to continuous improvement, so you will be expected to proactively suggest and implement enhancements, along with driving and influencing the vision and key engineering decision with the department.
- Whilst this is primarily a Swindon based position, you will have the opportunity to travel to our core customer sites as the business requires. Working from home is also an option.
Appsbroker is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
As an applicant please review our privacy statement: https://www.appsbroker.com/privacy-policy