Infrastructure Modernisation Practice Lead
Swindon, UK or Remote - 3 months ago
Are we looking for you?
If you live and breathe Cloud Strategy, Architectures, Data Centre to Cloud migrations, the 6R’s , Automation and establishing Landing Zone patterns, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a senior cloud expert who is passionate about helping organisations create major shifts in their business through the use of native cloud platforms with an infrastructure focus. You have a background in helping customers with Managed Services aligned to cloud hosted infrastructure solutions. You will be motivated to build customer relationships at C level around some of the most innovative Google technologies, and be excited by a job working with some of the best minds in technology.
You are passionate about delivering value to customers and prized for going the extra mile. You’re flexible and creative in your approach and prepared to make a difference. You’re professional – fair, honest and committed.
Our clients are ambitious organisations with a desire to lead in their industries. We serve them with complex enterprise solutions delivered through an agile, lightweight design approach leveraging the best of Google’s platforms.
We are looking for strong Cloud Strategy expertise in addition to technical expertise in cloud and virtualization platforms, VM Migration, operating systems, infrastructure modernisation, automation, secure cloud, and managed service technologies.
You’ll lead and grow a practice of solution consultants in a critical domain of our business, building on an existing portfolio of new solutions and services in conjunction with other practice areas and provide portfolio sales support to contribute towards the successful conversion of prospects to customers. Your role will include working with clients in a delivery capacity to support the design and implementation of innovative solutions and ensuring substantial additional business. You’ll be working with some of the biggest brands in the UK at senior levels, acting as a trusted advisor. You will also be working with some of the brightest minds at Appsbroker and Google to develop new go-to-market propositions.
The Role (80%)
Appsbroker is dynamic and the role is varied so you’ll get involved in a wide range of activities but here are the main customer facing things we’ll need you to do:
- Develop and execute Go-To-Market Strategy for Cloud and Infrastructure Modernisation, covering elements such as; workload to cloud, workload refactoring, cloud migration, VM migration, etc
- Create delivery strategy for large scale migrations to cloud for Enterprise clients
- Develop a compelling Solution and Services strategy and develop propositions that leverage industry experience
- Own the practice revenue targets, with a view to grow revenues in existing accounts
- Support the sales team with expert guidance on migrating workloads to Google Cloud Platform, selecting the most appropriate technology, and evaluating non-functional attributes such as security, usability, portability and stability
- Working with the Appsbroker Practice Leads for Application Modernisation and Data Modernisation to determine cohesive ‘move to cloud’ strategies for various customer workloads
Working with Appsbroker Delivery Leads for Platform & Infrastructure to ensure delivery and capability alignment
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects to ensure their successful adoption of Google and partner technology
- Build and maintain executive relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor to ensure retention and growth in spend
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire business cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary
- Be required to generate proposals built and focused around identified business needs
Manage a team of Cloud Platform Experts, driving revenue and utilisation targets
The Role (20%)
- Create blog posts and white papers to promote our brand and help cement our position as a leader in the field
- Support other practice areas when collaboration is required
- Drive accreditations within the practice area
- Deliver presentations internally and externally regarding the Cloud platform propositions
What will make you extraordinary in this role?
- 5+ years of experience in the complex aspects of Cloud Strategy, Cloud migrations, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services
- Team creation and management experience
- Technical expertise in cloud and virtualization platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, VMWare, etc.), operating systems (Linux, Windows), infrastructure automation (Ansible, Chef, Packer, Puppet, SaltStack, Terraform, etc.)
- Proven ability of conducting rigorous analysis of complex issues
- The gravitas to engage effectively with C-level stakeholders
- Demonstration of consistent over achievement throughout your career
- Proven track record in building and selling compelling propositions
- Extensive and strong business acumen with an ability to quickly understand market trends
- Broad understanding of customer needs; business cases and how customers justify analytic spend financially
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise IT clients such as retail, manufacturing, media, fintech, insuretech and telecoms
- Ability to be comfortable in an agile environment, having worked with agile focused developers, BAs and platform engineers
- Degree-level education or equivalent experience
Appsbroker is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
As an applicant please review our privacy statement: https://www.appsbroker.com/privacy-policy