Senior DevOps – Platform Engineer
Stockholm, Sverige - 3 months ago
Our tech team in Stockholm is looking for a Senior DevOps Platform Engineer to join the team! The team is currently in an exciting development phase building data-driven digital marketing tools and infrastructure, backed by cloud-based data warehousing. We’re in need of an experienced DevOps Engineer that can take lead on products infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
We believe you have extensive experience in taking on challenges such as cluster administration, setting up application monitoring systems and CI/CD pipelines. You are interested in BigData and DataScience as well as having a general passion for creating new generation products and achieving business objectives.
As the team has recently been re-developing our platform our stack has changed quite a bit. We are currently using Python for backend development, and utilize a variety of GCP services such as BigQuery for data processing, and App Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, and AI Pipelines as serverless compute backends. We are constantly developing our working methods and trying to take advantage of the latest technologies.
At Precis we will offer you a role that includes a lot of freedom and the opportunity to work alongside skilled and passionate colleagues in an international team. You will get the chance to work with experienced data-driven teams and apply DevOps best practices. Our team is driven by collaboration and a shared interest in building flexible, scalable technology and we are very much looking forward to having you on the team!
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the development team to maintain and improve upon existing CI/CD workflows.
- Work alongside other engineers to help design, maintain and improve our infrastructure, with a particular focus on Docker/Kubernetes.
- Work with other engineers to innovate and improve the reliability of our services.
- Improve daily workflows and processes of the engineering team, through better monitoring, incident reporting/management and code quality.
- Own and lead operational aspects of our product, ranging from automation, monitoring to evaluating tech choices.
- Work closely with operations and software engineering teams to design and implement scalable solutions for our platform as a service and internal management tools.
- Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
- Experience with GCP/AWS (GKE/EKS, VPC, IAM, Serverless, etc.).
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes (cluster administration, monitoring, auto-scaling and advanced settings).
- Familiar with build automation frameworks (GitOps, CI/CD).
- Experience setting up applications monitoring (telemetry, alerting, reporting).
- Experience with configuration and change management, monitoring, and trending.
- Understanding of relevant networking concepts, e.g. TCP/IP, load balancing clusters, server load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to support and administer high volume pre-release and production environments for internal-facing applications.
- Experience with one or more Unix shell scripting languages (Bash, C-Shell, ...).
- Experience with one or more object-oriented scripting languages (Python, Java, ...).
- Experience with relational databases in the area of schema design, stored procedures, and query optimization.
- Experience with BigQuery a plus.
Our preferred qualifications are a welcome addition but not a requirement to apply. We believe that excellent people can come from a range of backgrounds and we value diversity.
Visit our career site, by clicking "apply", and follow the instructions in the relevant job posting.